Thursday, April 30, 2015

Master copies

Yet another thing I enjoy doing but don't do enough is master copies.  In this case, a copy of a piece by the amazing Nathan Fawkes.  (This link, by the way, is one of three, all of which are worth a visit).  On this one he posts mostly thumbnails...but they are the most amazing thumbnails!)  He does some really amazing work in watercolors and gouache, not to mention some jaw-dropping charcoal portraits.  They are not to be missed!  I should just take his online class one day.

In my copy, I like how the foreground turned out.  I kind of lost my way in the background.


...And here are a couple of really small but intimidating copies of Anders Zorn portraits.  I still kick myself because I missed his show when it came to the Legion of Honor last year.  It seemed everyone I spoke to, artist or not, agreed it was the most amazing thing ever.



No comments: