Saturday, December 31, 2011

planes, trains, and...more trains...and coffee shops...and laundromats...

 Last few months i've been pretty diligent drawing from life at every opportunity.  I usually get these chances when I've escaped from my dungeon apartment to run some errand or some such thing, and find myself on MUNI.  Since everyone else is idly fondling their various smart phones or E-readers, I get out my sketchbook so that I also have something to do with my hands.  These pages are mostly from these little trips, with a couple other random things thrown in.

Many artists keep a much more organized and carefully composed sketchbook, and thus their works are much more presentable...I am not one of them, sad to say!  I have drawings facing every which way, not necessarily relating to anything else on the page.  One thing I have been trying to do though, is to pick out smaller compositions and fill out any blank space.  Makes for an interesting if sometimes hard to decipher overall impression.










Happy New Year!  Health, Happiness, and Good Fortune to all in 2012!

No comments: